CONGRATULATIONS on your acceptance into the Academy 2018 Class!
We can't wait for you to experience Academy. You'll share meals and late-night conversations with a peer group full of inspiring, passionate innovators. You'll engage with the Faculty--world-class entrepreneurs and cultural thinkers who are at the forefront of this work. And along the way, we hope you discover something special: a personal vision for how to participate in God's redemptive work in the world.
So let's get started! We have event details to share and we'll need your to claim your seat.
01: CLAIM YOUR SEAT
Per your application, please confirm your seat by submitting a $100 Deposit, or Full Payment within 14 days of your acceptance. Your program fee covers your entire Academy experience, including materials, meals, snacks, lodging, and ground transportation to and from the airport (if flying).
If you received one of the limited need-based or partner scholarships, please check your acceptance email for critical details on your registration and follow the instructions. If you're financially strapped and need that summer paycheck to kick-in, we'd be happy to discuss payment options with you. Just email us.
02. EVENT SCHEDULE
While your full event schedule won't be revealed until your arrival, here's some general information.
Academy 2018 Begins: Monday July 30, 3:00pm
Academy 2018 Concludes: Friday August 3, 1:00pm
- Each day will have a variety of activities including content from our Faculty, breakouts, workshops, group discussions, conversations over meals, and some entertainment mixed in.
- You'll pre-register for some of your sessions (breakouts and workshops), and others you'll register for on-site. This allows for maximum flexibility, and you choose which of the Faculty you'd like to meet for smaller conversations during the infamous roundtables.
- We'll have an Idea Pitch Night, where everyone will have a chance to give a 90-second pitch on an idea or cause they're passionate about. It's a way to connect with potential co-founders or people you may end up working with someday, as well as hear some really inspiring ideas.
- Overall, your days will be full -- since we're only together for a short time we pack a lot in -- and there will be significant emphasis placed on being present to build the life-long relationships we often see come out of the community. Bottom line: we think you'll want to plan ahead so that you can be completely unplugged from email and work or personal obligations.
Be Sure to Get Work Off ...
Whether it's an internship or full-time gig, make sure that you're ready to be in LA for the week. You can request a time-off letter from us by clicking below. We'll email you a PDF that explains to your employer why you need time off.
03. EVENT LOCATION & BOOKING TRAVEL
We're excited to be on the beautiful Biola University campus, located 30 miles outside of Los Angeles in La Mirada, CA. All events, meals, and lodging are on campus, so there will be no need to rent a car.
We provide arrival shuttles on Monday from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) to Biola, and a return shuttle on Friday from Biola back to LAX. In order to arrive on time for the event kickoff, and back to the airport with enough time to catch your departing flight, you must book in the following time-frames:
Book your flight to arrive at LAX Airport no later than 12:00pm Pacific Time on Monday, July 30
*if you absolutely cannot book a flight in by 12pm PT (i.e. an international flight that arrives at 12:45pm), please consult us before by emailing email@example.com
Book your flight to depart from LAX Airport after 5:00pm Pacific Time on Friday, August 3
For those planning to drive or be dropped off, please arrive on Biola's campus by 1:30pm on Monday, 7/30 for check-in.
For those arriving by bus or train to L.A., we recommend finding a way to get to LAX Airport by 12:00pm Pacific Time so you can make the airport shuttle. You may also take local transportation and arrive on campus on your own.
AIRPORT SHUTTLE ASSIGNMENTS
We will be sending a survey in June to capture your travel plans and assign you a shuttle. We will send your shuttle assignment and how to find them at LAX a week before the event.
There is an option to arrive early and stay at Biola on Saturday 7/28 or Sunday 7/29 for an additional fee. Please note you'll need to arrange for your own transportation to campus, and there may be limited meal service. To inquire, please email us.
If you're as excited as we are about Academy 2018, give a shout out on social media! If you're on Twitter or Instagram, we're @praxislabs and also on Facebook -- we'll be using #Academy2018.
This website will serve as your central point of communication for all details related to the event and we'll be updating content along the way. We'll also send you emails on next steps and your onboarding survey (including registering for breakout sessions prior to the event, rooming preferences, transportation details, etc.), and recommend adding firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts so these important messages make it to your inbox.
Should you have any questions that aren't answered on any of the pages on this event site, give us a shout over email at email@example.com.
Again, congratulations on your acceptance. We can't wait to see you on July 30!
Jon, Mary Elizabeth, & the Praxis Team
Praxis Academy Lead